Metropolitan Borys visits the Motherhouse of Missionary Sisters of Mother of God in Stamford, CT

On Tuesday, May 25, Metropolitan Borys visited the Motherhouse of the Missionary Sisters of Mother of God and was joined by Mother Maria and Sister Josaphata. Accompanied by the new owners, Sister Josaphata and Mother Maria shared stories of the history of the house.

The Sisters were founded by Metropolitan Ambrose Senyshyn, then auxiliary-bishop of Philadelphia, with the blessing of Metropolitan Constantine Bohachevsky in Stamford, CT on the Feast of the Patronage of the Mother of God, October 14, 1944. The house in Stamford was the motherhouse of the congregation, the novitiate, and also served as a school, one of the primary missions of the sisters for many years. The house was ultimately sold in 2014.

However, Emmanuella and Franz, the new tenant of the house, will continue the mission of education. During the summer, the building will re-open its doors as a nursery school.

Related News

More News
Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate Celebrate 90 Years of Ministry in the U.S.

#U.S.

#Archeparchy

Sisters Servants of Mary Immaculate Celebrate 90 Years of Ministry in the U.S.

Metropolitan Borys Gudziak Joins Eastern Catholic Bishops for Annual Spring Meeting in St. Louis

#U.S.

#Archeparchy

Metropolitan Borys Gudziak Joins Eastern Catholic Bishops for Annual Spring Meeting in St. Louis

The Silencing of America's voice

#U.S.

#Archeparchy

The Silencing of America's voice

Metropolitan Borys Gudziak Visits St. Nicholas Parish in Wilmington

#Archeparchy

#Parishes

Metropolitan Borys Gudziak Visits St. Nicholas Parish in Wilmington